Currently on Windows build 18363
Using Realsense camera browser
Using Crossplatform api

44350- D455 recognized, but errors:

Name: /project1/camer aBrowser
: Type: Container COMP
children: 21

Total Cooks: 17
I CPU Cook Time: 0.000 ms (cpu Cook Time not measured on previous cook)
GPU Cook Time: 0.000 ms

cook Frame: 134 (/local/time/clock)
children cpu Cook Time (Previous Frame): 0.310 ms
children GPu Cook Time (Previous Frame}: 0.002 ms
4 networks with errors inside.
Script errors:

Error: (Parameter menusource: API) Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/project1/cameraBrowser”, line “op(’./master0/realsensel’).par.api”,
td.attribute—rror: ‘td.Parcollection’ object has no attribute ‘api’
Context : /project1/camer abr owser /master0/realsensel

(/projectl1/camer aBr owser )
warning: (Parameter menusource: API) Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/projecti/cameraBrowser”, line “op('./master0/realsensel’).par.api”,
td.AttributeError: ‘td.parcollection’ object has no attribute ‘api‘
Context : /project1/camer abr owser /master0/realsensel

(/project1/camer aBr owser )
Panel Bounds:

If you just put down a RealSense TOP, are you able to get it to work? I think the Palette COMPs need some updating to work in 40K

Similar issue.

Error: Failed to initialize the cross platform API

Hi @dannya,
I can’t reproduce with my D435, I don’t have a D455. From seeing this problem before, I would try 2 things.
A) try a different USB port, not all are equal especially on desktops where they have have different chipsets behind them
B) try a different USB-C cable. Unfortunately there are a lot of USB-C cables out there for charging only (like the ones that come with phones/headphones for charging). As a test, use the cable that came with your RealSense first just to make sure.

Sorry for the delay in looking at this. The D455 works on my machine. Are you able to install the realsense viewer from this link and see if that works?

Note you should use the firmware from this realsense version with TouchDesigner.

Yes. Realsense viewer works

I have updated to the most recent firmware (5.12.11) and SDK (2.42). I have also update to TD46540. The camera works fine in the Realsense Viewer.
If I try to create a realsense camera in TD I still get error

That error isn’t for the RealSense nodes themselves but just that COMP. If you upgrade to the latest TD build that COMP has been updated.
What does the RealSense TOP itself say though?

Are you saying the COMP on the latest production release of TD is newer than the experimental release (.456540)?

Yep, it should be updated to work with the changes that occurred to the RealSense nodes during the experimental builds

Updated to the latest TD build (2021.11180). Added the Realsense TOP and got error failing to initialize SDK due to mismatched firmware. But it is incorrect. First, it is specifiying older sdk and firmware. I have the latest SDK and firmware installed.

The message has the correct SDK and firmware version you should be using. We aren’t on the absolute latest version of the SDK since it updates regularly.

Ok. I was hoping the newer one would solve the problem.

So, I reverted back to the older SDK (2.38.1) and Firmware(05.12.7.100).

Back to the old error: “Failed to initialize the Intel Realsense Cross Platform Api”

Ok ya that seems right now. However notice it’s being detected as USB 2.1. Are you able to get it onto a higher USB port and see if it works there?

Ya I get the same error if I plug it into the USB 2.1 port. If you turn down the resolution in TouchDesigner then it works running on USB 2.1 though.

I tried 3 computers and all detected as 2.1 ports. Lowering the resolution to 640*480 works for the color camera. But none of the other modes work. They all return the same error. I’m not sure if my cable is preventing it from getting 3.1. I don’t have another on hand that I’m sure about so going to order one and try again.

The cable that came with the realsense is usually pretty solid, but getting it detected as 3+ is the key to solving this.

Will have to see. I came across this
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027498/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html

It’s an old article so I can’t imagine the problem wasn’t fixed in a new camera. But I can’t find the original cable so I have to wait for a new cable to eliminate that as the problem.

Either way, I still think the error message is a bit off. If the problem is indeed that TD requires 3.1+ to work, it would be helpful if the error pointed that out rather than just say the sdk couldn’t be initialized. I don’t necessarily believe the problem is with the SDK because in the Realsense viewer, it initializes fine and all of the camera functions work with usb 2. So there must be something else going on.