RESOLVED: Not able to add component to palette

#2020.41040 MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5

I am not able to add components to the Palette under the My Components page.
It doesn’t work if I try dragging and dropping from the network nor if I do it with the .tox

It should work when you create a new folder inside ‘My Components’.
Right click ‘My Components’ → ‘Add Folder’ and drag&drop the component onto your new folder.

1 Like

It is not working, I have created a folder and added the component directly from the finder but still they don’t appear in the palette

Hmm, I am on Windows and a Beginner myself,
but I answered because I had the same problem to add custom components/containers to my palette and the ‘create a folder’ thing solved the issue for me.

Have you tried to drag your comp to the panel below the palette list ?
The panel where normally the comps from a folder show up …

If you go to the folder (on your hard-drive - somewhere/Derivative/Palette/ ), do you find the paletteData.json file there? (I don’t know if that could be the reason but perhaps check if it looks ok inside)

I am not a beginner, I was just reporting the bug. Drag n drop works fluently on my windows machine, on mac the only way to make it work is to add the components to the folder from the finder and then manually edit the .json (but it’s not handy at all).

@fracnesco Please update to the latest experimental 2020.44350 and let us know if that fixes it for you. We fixed an issue where the palette drag and drop would not work on macOS when there was any unicode characters in the installation or user folder paths. It’s currently working on macOS system.

will try asap and let you know

sorry for late reply. It works, thanks