FIXED: persist wiring info when reloading external tox

Could be a bug or a missing feature. Either way it’s very dangerous that if we load an external tox touch will automatically re-wire its inputs to the nodes the inputs were connected to when the tox was saved. Even worse it will also unwire if the tox was saved without.

2 Likes

I am just stumbling over the same problem. We are working on a project with multiple people so we externalise a lot of chunks to keep things modular. The idea is that my colleague can update a .tox file and the next time I open the project I automatically have the latest version. If I have “Reload .tox on Start” enabled I am losing all connections wired to inputs of these .tox components. And as @Achim says it can be even worse. If there happens to be a suiting node around with the same name as when the tox was saved it creates a wrong connection.

Switching off “Reload .tox on Start” and going through a massive project and Re Init a component every time it has changed isn’t a viable option in my opinion especially if it is used multiple times all over the place.

A bodge/hack is switching off “Reload .tox on Start” and if you use your .tox / component in more than one place create a Master and Clone from it. In doing so you only need to re-init the Master and it will apply to all Clones.

1 Like

I’m inclined to call this behavior more bug-like than RFE material, I’m reframing the issue into our bugs list.

Input connections will now be maintained in experimental builds 2022.20520 and later.
Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for fixing this, now there will be no need to worry whether tox might rewire itself unexpectedly when being loaded somewhere - which is great :slight_smile: