Would like to start creating some TouchDesigner tutorials.
The process i had in mind is as follows:
- First let the creativity flow and just come up with a nice network of nodes doing something cool/beautifull/handy/… => lets call this the trial and error build
- Recreate the entire network, OP by OP, at my own (slow) pace, in an intuitive way that allows me to clearly show and explain what is added/changed why… => lest call this the tutorial build
- Once the “toturial build” is done, i will hold ctrl+Z in order to undo the whole “tutorial build”
- Activate the “non-default parameters only” toggle and start recording a tutorial
Now i can just keep hitting ctrl+Y and the tutorial build will get rebuild step by step while i’m able to focus and explain what gets added/changed and why… ALSO a big advantage of this is that at the top of the interface I can also see the upcoming redo action so i can steer my explanation towards the next redo…
Save (or give the option to do so) all the undo/redo steps with the project file so that:
- I can record another take at a later stage after closing the project
- So that we can share project files including the build-process (via undo/redo) in order to allow other people opening the project to replay this build-process and learn about the flow.
Hope this makes sense. If not please let me know where i can clarify.
If someone already found some kind of way to do this, please also let me know