Seems like I logged into someone else account, but I didn't

Pretty sure this is Lucas’ profile picture :stuck_out_tongue:

Some cache problem maybe ?

Clicking on my account does bring to Lucas page

Only occures on the main page derivative.ca it seems.

Whaaa!? That is definitely my face haha.

1 Like

We’ve identified the problem and are working on a solution.
@lucasm your articles, licenses, and orders are not accessible to others, it’s just a display issue.

1 Like

Thanks Ben, I think it’s happening to me as well, the L is not me and links to another user account.

edit :

feels like a lottery, is it a trick to check the derivative website more often? :smiley:
wrongpic

Thanks for all your reports and patience. We identified it as a caching issue and have applied a fix. Please clear your browser’s cache and let us know if you have any issues in the future.

1 Like

I think it’s happening again?
(that’s not me)

though as far as I can tell, only on the very first homepage derivative.ca

As soon as I navigate to any other page or the forum, it’s correct

@Peeet were you logged in or not logged in? ie. when you go to My Account you were loggedin correctly as Peeet?

Yes everywhere else on the website I was correctly logged in as Peeet, just for some reason the main / front page (http://derivatvie.ca) shows that icon. I tried clearing my cache (at the time) to no avail.

Also if it matters, I think it was displaying a user that no longer exists? When I would click on that circle (in the picture above) it would go to a user page that said something like “invalid user” or whatever.

But it’s fine now. shrug If I see it again I’ll try to do a more thorough troubleshoot (incognito, writing down which user id, etc)

Hi, sorry for my bad english :sweat_smile:

@ben the problem occurs when a logged in user visits a page on drupal that has not yet been cached (the problem is on all pages, not limited to the homepage).

Authcache saves the rendered page and other users who visit that page see the avatar and profile link of the user who visited the page when it was cached.
This is until the cached page is invalidated, at which point it will be cached with the avatar of the user who will visit the page again.

Probably the avatar and the link in the menu do not correctly use a placeholder to allow authcache to update the information with the current user data (via ajax calls or javascript)

2 Likes

Hi @jean-louis and @Peeet
Actually we had implemented a fix similar to what you describe earlier this week on our dev server and wanted to test it for a few days to see how it behaved. This change is now live on the site so let us know if you see any more funny business with avatars, but we hope this fixes it.

yeah. this is a good fix :+1:

1 Like