Select Audio Device from UI (Audio Device In CHOP)

I’m developing a project for a theater design that will need to be maintained indefinitely after I’ve finished working on the show. The project uses MIDI controllers and an audio interface. I want to build into the UI that the team at the theater can select the MIDI devices and the audio interface in case the hardware is replaced or swapped out later down the line.

I’ve been using the UI_MIDI_SELECT.tox made by FaustoB as a solution for the MIDI controllers.

Is there something similar or just as simple that would allow them to select the Audio In device for an Audio Device In CHOP without going into the network?

You can always build a simple UI yourself. There’s lots of YouTube tutorials, and it wouldn’t need to be anything fancy I’m assuming.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear that the UI_MIDI_SELECT.tox is helpful!

About letting the user choosing the audio interface from UI, the simplest way I could think of is to use a Parameter COMP, drag and drop your audio in CHOP in the operator field, and expose the Parameter COMP in your UI (inside the UI itself, or a separate floating window using a window COMP).

In your UI, you could consider hiding this Parameter COMP a little bit, for example the COMP becomes visible only when a certain combination of keys is pressed (Shift + e for example) using a keyboard in DAT or keyboard in CHOP and a little script, and the same keys combination closes or hides the Parameter COMP.

I am sure there are other ways to expose the audio interface parameters (maybe with a Widget?) but this is the first one that came to mind.

I hope it helps!

Thank you @FaustoB! That was exactly what I needed in order to know where to start looking. I ended up building a more complex version for the audio video team I was handing the project off to but I wanted to upload a simplified version of the idea you suggested for anyone else that comes across this post.

AudioDeviceIn_ControlPanel.toe (7.1 KB)

1 Like