Select operator from inside of private component?

Hi, please is is possible to use one of the Select OPs to get data from inside of the locked private tox component (by knowing it’s specific path)? I currently don’t have access to Pro version to try this out, but was wondering if it would work? Thanks.

The only way to bring out the data is to specifically attach Out operators, to bring it to the surface.
Cheers.

All right, thank you very much for information :slight_smile:

@rob please may I ask whether this also applies to following situation?

Lets say I have created Geometry COMP inside of a private component - will it be possible to reference this geometry in Render TOP (using geometry parameter) from outside of this private component? Unfortunately this private component can’t act as a Geometry COMP itself - it is Container COMP with some ui.
I am asking this because I don’t have access to Pro license currently and I am trying to build this with “privacy friendly” approach for future.

Also I am curious if this might work the other way around - is it possible to point Render TOP (placed in private component) to Geometry COMP (placed in “public” component)?
Thanks.

Hi.
The Render TOP parameters won’t be able to see anything inside another private component.
Unfortunately you’d have to bring it all to the surface, maybe with a Merge SOP to collect them all?

If the Render TOP is inside a private component, it can still reach any public components regardless.

Hope this helps,
Rob.

Thank you very much for information - I will treat the privacy friendly components with this concept in mind. :slight_smile: