Send/Receive equivalent like MAX/MSP or PureData?

Hi all, pretty simple question.
I need to get information from one container to another container in a separate part of the network.
Currently I’ll use “Out” operators and manually patch them through the networks but that can get cluttered and hard to follow.
Is there a simple set of operators similar to how [send ] and [receive] work a la MAX? for instance in max I can make an object called [send thisdata]. if I put an object called [receive thisdata] ANYWHERE in any level above or below this, it will get anything routed to the send and spit it out the receive.
Specifically I’m trying to take data from a CHOP buried in containers, I figured out how to get it into a table using DATs, but I want to add it to the global variables at the root level, and currently I only how to do this using Out DATs running all the way to the root level.
Cheers! - slv

there is a select op in every op family. Just place it and in the op parameter type the right link.
Let’s say you want to access null1 from base1 within base2 comp. You place a select op in base2 and in the op path type: …/base1/null1

Awesome, never tried using selects like that. Thanks!

If you make a list of your most important objects’ paths, in a module or as variables, this system can be a lot more mighty even!
I wrote quite a lot about this topic in my book btw… packtpub.com/hardware-and-c … chdesigner

cheers!