SICK 2D scanner with TD

Hi All,

I’ve read on the forum something about this product and intend to add this into my TD project. Can anyone advise on the right connection method (operator) and steps to use to link it up to TD?
The scanner output is giving out ASCII format via ethernet TCP/IP on port 2112.
Presently I have a demo unit with me and looking into its performance.

Thanks in advance.

Dins

I would start with the TCP/IP DAT to take a look at the raw values coming in. Then use various DATs or expressions to get at the specific data you want.

Hi Ben,

I followed your advice but could not get or see any raw data on TD via TCP/IP DAT operator, although the TCP/IP port is continuous supplied with ASCII data from the sensor (by looking at another terminal program supplied by the sensor Manufacturer - “SOPAS” engineering tool). Is there any other steps missing from my action on TD portion ?

Dins

Hi everyone,

Been trying to get response from SICK 2D scanner but to no avail so far. Attached are the telegram from Manufacturer and my toe file program testing connection (just refer to operator TCPip DAT node section). Hope someone can offer pointers what I did wrong in my command here.

B.R.

Happy New Year to All.
LMS_Telegram.pdf (904 KB)
NewProject.2.toe (15.5 KB)

You’ll want to change the ‘One Per Line’ parameter to something else likely. That is waiting for newline characters to show up in the data stream, which this protocol may not have.

Hi Malcolm,

Managed to get the sensor respond to the command by using hexadecimal code instead - refer toe file. Do you have suggestion on method to manipulate the data such as filtering some of the data that comes in and converting it back to ASCII characters? Which operator does best the job?

Thanks.
NewProject.3.toe (17.5 KB)

Hi there,
I have a SICK Lidar for test and cannot figure out how to get the datas out of it in TD.
I have the SOPAS program detecting the scanner and generating a list of datas, but even with Dins project (and after changing the IP according to mine) I can’t see anything in the TCPIP DAT. This is driving me crazy.
@Dins : Did you finally succeed using the SICK Lidar in TD?

Best
Joan