SOLVED: 2021.15020 Multiple Socket IO DATs, Multiple Instances issue

Hi Guys,

I have two TouchDesigner instances open, each with a Socket IO DAT in it.

Each DAT has the same path and name, recieves the same events and an event sets the same parent parameter as in the second instance, they are exactly the same component. The parent component has an op shortcut but I don’t think that is the issue with this bug.

If I set one socket IO DATs active parameter to off and one to on then when the event is received in one TouchDesigner instance it updates the parameter in the second TouchDesigner instance despite it not having it’s socket IO DAT turned on and having no other way of communicating with the second instance.

Hey @Ennui

Thanks for the report.

Sadly I was unable to reproduce so far.

I did find an unrelated issue with the parameter visual state of the Active toggle not updating when using binding, while the parameter value itself is correctly updated.

But nothing related to multiple instances of TD running and some socketIo DAT receiving data that it should not receive.

Can you please try the example attached and make the changes that you think I might have missed and/or give more details on how to reproduce?

socketIoDebug.toe (3.9 KB)

In the attached file, I was testing with https://socketio-chat-h9jt.herokuapp.com/

Thanks,
Michel

@JetXS
Yeah I think it must’ve been the bind not updating visually and me thinking it’s inactive as testing in a simple example seems to work. I had one instance that said it wasn’t active but it obviously was hence getting the socket emit when it shouldn’t!

1 Like