SOLVED: Movie file out _ Bad quality

Hello everyone,
I did this patch, you can just put an other song to see, it should work.
(Sorry for the mess)

When I export movie from the movie file out, it is very more pixelized than in TD…
I unchecked “realtime”, I tried every format. Only Hap is nice, but when I pass the Hap in Premiere, it become pixelized again…

If someone see from where it could come from … -_-
Thanks

Bad Export.toe (143.2 KB)

Hey @b.oodh

What kind of license do you have?

Note that this kind of content with particles and almost monochrome can cause compression algorithms to struggle a bit.

Best,
Michel

1 Like

I noticed you choose H264. You can adjust the settings for H264 compression on the Settings page of the Movie File Out TOP. There is even a lossless mode for H264.
It might be worth trying lossless and also Animation codec (ie no compression) export first to see what the quality looks like. Sounds like your H264 compression settings are not set to high enough quality.

1 Like

ok, in fact, I tried manipulate a lot the settings, but I was wondering that in lossless, 20s of record is 1Gb, and with a rate of 30Mb, 20 sec out is almost 100Mb…
And it’s for a video of 8min
But oké so these heavy files seems to be normal !

This doesn’t seem SOLVED if someone has to record in Lossless… I opened your file. You should be recording on a bitrate mode set to Constant hq and set the average and peak bitrates to 50 000 or more and the same for Average bitrate. Variable bitrate was on and set to obscenely low numbers. As well as Anti Aliasing is only set to x4… This file records clear as a bell now. Just a thought. You never need to record in lossless. Never. Turning off Realtime for recording only helps with frames not bitrate. I’m sorry you were told to record in lossless, that was just a dumb solution that didn’t solve anything on this project.