SOLVED: ParticlesGPU displaying a black screen

Hello trying to make a particle system, i added a particlesGPU from the palette and im getting a black display with no animation. Other nodes are working fine, any ideas?

I have the same problem, when adding a particlesGPU, its just displaying a black screen, but i can’t see the particles…
Anyone have a solution?

Hey @davidsierens

Please see following post, there is a bug caused by Nvidia GPUs driver changes.

Best,
Michel

Hello,

Nvidia drivers version 496.76+ published on 11/16/2021 are introducing a fix for this issue. They are available through GeForce Experience or at Official Drivers | NVIDIA

Best,
Michel

i’m on version 510.31 on a 3090, still not working. blackscreen for particlesgpu

@rahimny

510.31 was released in September and not on the same branch of drivers. It does not include the fix that is included in 496.76, released yesterday on official / public channels.

Best,
Michel

A lot of us happen to use the studio drivers for our other 3-D programs do we know if those are functioning with this or not?

@cjadams I just noticed on Jan4th there is a new Studio Driver release 511.09, hopefully Nvidia rolled the fix into this one as it is the first to come out after the 496.76 release.

I don’t have an Nvidia GPU handy, but if it works for you can you report back here and let us know?