SOLVED: Window comp hard crash 2021.10330

Opening the window comp on secondary monitor causes a hard TD freeze, no report unfortunately. I can reproduce it here with even an empty network and only a window comp and just clicking ‘open as separate window’.

TD:2021.10330
Windows 10 v 20H2 build 19042.804
Nvidia 3090 461.40

Can you tell us more about your computer manufacturer? This is a common issue on laptops that come with bloatware preinstalled (search “bloatware” here in the forum).
The 30-series GPUs are also proving troublesome, so it could also be that. Still waiting on one for testing, though we fixed a number of crashes for 2021.10330 release with 30xx GPUs regarding the Nvidia hardware encoders (Stream Out/Movie Out/etc).

Hi Ben,
its a self built computer, so I didn’t think there was anything, but i did notice that ‘Sonic Studio’ got installed by a recent windows update - removing that solved the problem. thanks!

1 Like

Wow, we haven’t heard of that one before, thanks for the feedback. What type of audio device is on your motherboard (or what is your motherboard manufacturer) so we might be on the lookout for it in the future.

Its an ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-I , I just hunted through the add/remove programs list for things I didnt recognize and that was the first thing I saw, so it was the first one I tried. lucky day!

i ran exactly into the same problem and invested a complete day to try to find it.
Now seeing this post I deinstalled ‘Sonic Studio’ and puff, the problem is gone.

1 Like