sudoSignals Beta v2 - 2021-05-03 13:43

sudoSignals Beta v2

Link to main site

Hoping folks have a chance to kick the tires here, and happy to answer any questions.

2 Likes

THANK YOU! I will so happily pay for this service once it launches, this is absolutely amazing.

I see a “schedule coming soon.” Do you happen to know… approximately how soon? I have a very large installation I’m in the early stages of planning. I just started building my scheduler, but now that I see this TOTALLY AMAZING TOOL I’m thinking maybe I’ll wait.

@nhodeisland Thanks for giving this a try so quickly and for the lovely feedback.

Scheduling is currently on our roadmap - we have a few ideas about what that might look like, but we’d love to hear more about what kind of behaviors you’d like to see. We’ve thought about this looking like presets that are defined in Signals - for example, creating a preset of your custom parameters in Signals that can be scheduled; we’ve also thought about these being events that just trigger a single parameter change from Signals, and letting the application determine what a preset looks like. All that to say that we’d really love to know what kinds of needs you have, so we can design this feature the right way. :slight_smile:

With that in mind, we’d love your ideas on our discussion forum here so we can keep track of user needs and make sure we’ve got them well integrated.

We’re also trying to be as transparent as we can be with our plans and what we’re working on. You can see our roadmap here:
https://www.sudosignals.com/roadmap

That’s mostly up to date - though you’ll likely see that expand and contract as we fit in some sprints to bring this ideas to life.

Hi @raganmd,
I just gave it a try and looks lovely so far, but why cant you launch your tox file manually or scheduled by a windows task manager? TD crashes if you try…
The only way to start the application is via the startup procedure from the sudosignals configuration panel?

Thanks for taking a look at signals.

Signals is designed to work as a process watcher that launches your toe file and then keeps it running. The TouchDesigner tox for signals allows signals to relay messages from your project to a web dashboard and from the web to your project.

Everything works flawless but i would like to reboot the host computer every once in a while by windows task messenger. Would Signals realize that and restart the tox again?
I see that there is no schedule function yet implemented.
I used the RCP rabbit controller before but dont have much information about the system stats that way…
Is there a way to execute by script the startup > Update button inside the Signals configuration tab?
Thank you @raganmd Matthew !

@bstv
As long as the signals client is set to run on startup it should recognize the tox and send info to the dashboard.

Try adding the sudosignals.exe to your system startup folder and it should run on reboot.
We will be adding this as an option on the next version of the installer.

1 Like