TD 64bit Windows 2019.20140: Constant CHOP lose values

Hi all,
I noticed a very strange behaviour with the Constant CHOP.
In the attached patch, each time I use the “replicate all” function in /project1/replicator1 the /project1/constant1 becomes black and values are not avaiable.
I have to turn off and on the bypass flag to get them again.
Thank you for your attention.
Simone
constantError.toe (9.0 KB)

Hey @Simplo,

confirmed this bug and logged it.

A couple side notes from looking at your file:

Generally when I find myself using a Feedback CHOP, I double check if I can somehow rebuild the network and prevent the need for it. In your case, using a different expression in the Constant CHOP makes its use unnecessary.
For the channel quanteLettre instead of

len(str(op('null3')[0,0]))

use

len(op('in2')[parent().digits-1,0].val)

This way you fetch the value from an op before the Select DAT which depends on the Null CHOP that is connected to the constant.

Another thing I always try to prevent is having to wire into replicants. To get around it I typically make use of Select OPs.

Also when having to go multiple levels up in the tree, for example when referencing parameters of the Text TOP in your case, a good practice is to use the Parent Shortcut. So instead of

parent(3).op('text1').par.font

you could use:

parent.Project.op('text1').par.font

Here is a version using these techniques: constantErrorVersion.toe (5.5 KB)

A note at the end - from the network it looks like you might eventually want to animate the characters. If you like check out this project here:

For this you save all possible characters into a Texture3D TOP and use instancing to place them along points.

Cheers
Markus

WOW Markus!! What a fast and complete reply!!
You gave me a lot of improvements for my network!!!
Thank you so much!
You guys, are always the best!!!