TD-Completes-Me. A Simple Auto-Completion Engine for TouchDesigner
I loves me some pycharm but I might have to change editors for this.
Bright times for that good snake
wow! had no idea this was even technically possible. So cool. +1 for sublime, but if not honestly I’d be tempted to switch for something like this as I spend far more time than I ever expected these days in an IDE. awesome work!
Great. Really helpful tool.
Damn, awesome work - thanks so much for sharing
I tried something similar a while ago but didn’t achieve a working system. Really nice that you managed to build this
+1 for sublime text.
Amazing, awesome work!
Thanks for the kind words friends!
The project is still in (semi) active development as my freetime waxes and wanes so if you discover any bugs head over to the issues section of the repo and start up a thread. If you’ve got any feedback or features(besides a Sublime implementation. I hear that one for sure) that you think would improve the experience of using the extension hit me up via this thread or a DM
Hi, this looks great. I’m just installing the VS Code part.
What do I do with the .tox?
Does td_completes_me.tox need to go in the project component, or can it go anywhere?
I’d like to set up my default blank .toe for starting a new project so it has the tox added by default.
just discovering this now - what an awesome idea !
Thanks @davet for starting this
hey there! Sorry for the late reply to your question. I’m not so good at forum monitoring. The best way to reach me re: TD-Completes-Me is opening an issue via the github repo if the behavior of the module is not what you would expect.
This is a good question. I normally drop it in the project component but it could probably go anywhere. There’s nothing really in the TOX logic that relies on the network structure. If you want to get a sense of how the module tries to figure out the autocompletions the logic is all in the main extension. It’s been a minute since I poked at it but I think it tries to figure out the operator context based on the file name of the DAT that’s currently being edited in the external editor.
No worries, I figured it out.Now I have it in my default blank project when I start Touch. It definitely makes life nicer. Thanks for the time you put into this.
+1 Sublime text (even if I use Nova at the moment)