Hello forum people,
I did a quick post a while back on the help groups about a small device I’ve been building which would be essentially a sort of hub to easily access all the midi channels and LED feedback settings of a novation launch control XL. It’s not finished yet but I’m still getting some use out of it in my project as the sort of starting off point for my real time control channel exports.
The idea is that you’d plop that down in whatever new performance oriented project you start and add export channels directly from the component as you work kind of a thing. It would basically work like the midi map CHOP I guess but with a GUI and eventually LED feedback to the hardware device as well as extended options such as preset storage, recall and button type options etc.
So while the device is kind of unfinished at the moment, the way I have it set up is that it receives n amount of midi channels which are renamed and then exported to their appropriate slider, knob or button in the component. The first issue I’m running into however is that it’s just not taking nicely to manual exports and ends up mixing them up and dropping them when I export the channels manually to their corresponding sliders.
I wasn’t able to get that sorted out so I decided to do some python exports to the sliders instead. It’s not a very nice way to go about it because it’s slow but it seemed to work for a time.
Now I’m getting issues with the parameter CHOP which is giving me the error: ‘‘float value expected, received nonetype’’. This seems to have happened at some point after having reset my exports. The issue here is that I’ve had it set up in an identical state without getting this error but it seems to pop up if some exports are dropped and I have to reset them.
There are also times when buttons disappear from the component. It’s happened before but I can’t remember how I fixed it and I don’t know what caused it.
Anyways, I was hoping maybe I could learn something from troubleshooting all this and that someone would have some advice to offer! I’ve outlined the current issues in dark blue text DATs. The other text dats are just musings I guess in case someone’s got a launch control XL trying to figure out where I’m thinking of going with the whole thing.
fFeel free to use the device as a starting point for your own things (even though it’s kinda janky at the moment still) but definitely holler at me if you manage to address some of the issues and make some improvements to it! It would be really cool to have flexible plug and play type of stuff for hardware in TD.
launch_control_XLtroubleshoot1.1.toe (76.8 KB)