TD Launcher v1 (automatic build detection) - 2022-09-12 19:04

TD Launcher v1 (automatic build detection)

Link to main site

3 Likes

Using it every day. Thx so much for sharing !

There is one issue so far. If you have your toe file in a Dropbox, then launcher might crash as it tries to delete the toeexpand files while Dropbox tries to index them.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “td_launcher.py”, line 118, in
File “td_launcher.py”, line 76, in inspect_toe
File “shutil.py”, line 749, in rmtree
File “shutil.py”, line 623, in _rmtree_unsafe
File “shutil.py”, line 621, in _rmtree_unsafe
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: ‘D:\Dropbox\misc\projects\MediaServer.toe.dir’

Great stuff. While looking at the repo I have noticed you are using DearPyGui. I have seen this types of interfaces in a variety of applications, but I have never searched for underlining library. While taking a look at it, I was amazed by its flexibility. This is quite off topic, but I wanted to ask if anyone happens to know if there might be a way of using DearPyGui directly within TD? I haven’t tried that yet, but I am guessing it won’t be as easy… Nevertheless it might be cool to have the ability to use it for graphs and stuff? :slight_smile:

@lucasm is the same also possible for tox files ?

I’m not sure about tox’s, and yeah the latest 2022 build has a toeexpand that doesn’t need to output files, just outputs the build info with a special command line flag. I just need to upgrade to that version soon and the dropbox issue should go away.

@monty_python yeah stumbled on dearpygui for this and fell down a rabbit hole with it. so amazing and so many ui options. there were a few points of inflexibility with it, but I have a feeling with more time different work arounds would become more obvious.

1 Like

I just tried but toeexpand does unfortunately not work with tox files

toeexpand should work with tox files.
How are you using it exactly?

just tried it again and it works. sorry about that.