TDMorph - 2020-01-08 02:25

TDMorph

Link to main site

3 Likes

Wow this looks awesome, I’m going to try it tonight. I watched all the videos. Will you eventually be able to assign MIDI and OSC to morph? For instance, hitting a button on the midi keyboard that launches the different morph presets that were saved?

1 Like

This is great, Darien, thanks for sharing! Are you open to some feature requests? I spent the last two afternoons putting this through some paces, and I have to say its the most feature complete preset system I’ve found for Touch so far, but there are a few usability things that would make this everything I’ve ever wanted.

Midi and OSC mapping are awesome! Would implementing a keystroke mapping system be a reasonable addition? It would make prototyping without a midi controller or Osc system much faster

One issue I’ve had with radio button driven presets is that in order to manipulate them further and then recall the preset you were on, a different present index needs to be triggered first. Perhaps a panel execute to retrigger the selected preset index would allow more flexibility?

With the system as is, values are clamped to the range of the parameter when the value was defined. If I insert a custom parameter with a new range in line, that’s a solution if i want a non stock range, but it would be great if the stepped value ladder were accessible(edit: I guess this isn’t available in widgets, so maybe a fine tuning option would be a workaround), so the sliders could be overdriven past their clamped values. A right click to return the widget to its default value would also be super helpful.

I find myself wanting to move the ‘Presets’ button container to the collapsible header, so that a TDMorph container can have lots of Sliderscontainers in it with collapsed parameters, while keeping the top level preset buttons visible

Thanks again for sharing this, I’m gonna experiment with implementing it in a few of my projects and see what else comes up.

Hi @Flowtricks For now I will not do this, since there’s other things I want to focus on first. However, if you would like such behaviour, it is very easy to do so in a script. I have provided high level functions that allow you to invoke any element in the UI from code. See the documentation for all the methods. To do what you want, you can use:

sliderContainer = op('TDMorph').GetContainer(1)
sliderContainer.ClickUISequence()

Hi @drmbt,

Thank you for your observations! Definitely open for requests. For future requests please use the issue tracker in Github, in that manner it is easier for me to keep track of all requests in time:

To answer your points one by one

Midi and OSC mapping are awesome! Would implementing a keystroke mapping system be a reasonable addition? It would make prototyping without a midi controller or Osc system much faster

I don’t think I will suport keystroke mappings. This is similar to my reply to @Flowtricks. You can already do this easily yourself by accession the higher level methods I have provided, documented in the forum’s post.

One issue I’ve had with radio button driven presets is that in order to manipulate them further and then recall the preset you were on, a different present index needs to be triggered first. Perhaps a panel execute to retrigger the selected preset index would allow more flexibility?

Good point! Will replace this behavior in the next update (10 February)

With the system as is, values are clamped to the range of the parameter when the value was defined. If I insert a custom parameter with a new range in line, that’s a solution if i want a non stock range, but it would be great if the stepped value ladder were accessible(edit: I guess this isn’t available in widgets, so maybe a fine tuning option would be a workaround), so the sliders could be overdriven past their clamped values. A right click to return the widget to its default value would also be super helpful.

Great suggestion! Will allow for this as well in the next update.

I find myself wanting to move the ‘Presets’ button container to the collapsible header, so that a TDMorph container can have lots of Sliderscontainers in it with collapsed parameters, while keeping the top level preset buttons visible

That’s a good idea as well. Maybe making the preset morphing buttons appear when you collapse can create some flexibility. Will look into that too. Not sure I’ll do this in the update but certainly will look into it.

Best,
Darien

Thanks for your reply Darien. I’ve been using this everyday, incorporating it into a number of projects. Can’t say enough good things about it. In the future I’ll add RFE on the github.

Do you plan to make some other containers as well besides sliders? Sliders can be made to work with Menus by binding to a slider first, but the current behavior locks certain menus to their first two options (0 and 1). I suppose if a rerange is implemented as mentioned about, that would get it done, but a menu with labels would be clutch

Great!

Yes, I have the plan of adding other types of containers… that’s for the next major update. The following update will be minor, with new small fixes and features, among then, there’s an improved mechanism already to deal with menus via sliders in the following update. I’ll definitely include editable ranges as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi
Great composent Darien
I’m waiting next release for menus, range sliders and others new functionalities.
I made a Kind of video synth and a presets and midi mapping system, but yours is more advanced, so…:blush:

In the wishlist (i implemented it in my network ) : a mapping system for others sources apart midi and osc, Kinect and audio channels for exemple.
In the way you plan to implement lfo and patterns i suppose.

Thanks a lot

Hi @shieman thank you for your message! It has been great to get ideas and suggestions from people :smiley: The next (minor) update is coming very soon, no later than 1st of March. It has been very hard to find free time this month so things were a bit slower than I thought they would. In there I have implemented the basic setup for what I think could be an easily extendable mapping system for TDMorph along with many improvements. In the next major update a great deal of new functionalities will be introduced, stay tuned for that later in the year :wink: If you have more ideas please use the issue tracker to create suggestions, in that way I can easily keep track of them: https://github.com/DarienBrito/TDMorph/issues

@acroscene Yes, in the next update, which will happen very soon (before 1st of March) you will be able to set any arbitrary range you want, along with many new additions and improvements. If you want to keep track of upcoming changes you can see the changelog. Upcoming release is version 1.0.1 https://github.com/DarienBrito/TDMorph/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

That sounds great! Thanks for reply

Thanks Darien !
It is a super component, I will use it !
:+1:

Hello guys. New version release. Check the Changelog in the repo for all changes. I’ve added one more video tutorial that was missing. I also created a demo video of latest updates here:

V1.1 demo

Cheers!

1 Like

V1.1.2 released: update with bug fixes and minor enhancements

V1.1.3 released: minor bug fixes (see changelog)

Hi Darien! Awesome tox, thank you. I used ver 1.1.4 and encountered this weird thing, the preset input buttons do not appear, only the preset recall buttons. Any advice? Am using 2020.22080
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi derekszeto,

Nice that you are using it! :slight_smile: In V1.1.4 the UI changed a bit, so there are no more save buttons. The save/recall are now on the same button. You can press shift + left click to sore a preset, and shift + right click to delete one. Recalling simply with left click.

Have fun!
Darien

1 Like

Hi Darien
First of all i would like to thank you for this great tool
I’m using v 1.4 with 2020.23680 for saving some preset, by using more that 8 preset i receive error at the project reopening in PresetsButtons

I have try to save and reopen preset json but the error still there.
Thanks in advance

Hi Darien,
Hi have found a workaround, by manual re-adding the n° of preset to the right number and reloading the preset json file exported it all work well.
Thanks

Hi @mattiadiomedi,

Glad you found a workaround! I’ll make sure to fix this in the next release coming out this monday! :smiley: