TDMorph - 2020-01-08 02:25

This is gem and an absolutely terrific addon tool ! and the tutorials are awesome.
Thanks a lot for making it available !!

this would make an awesome new Comp in official TD releases :wink:

have a good day

1 Like

@Gallo

You are welcome and thank you for your kind words and enthusiasm! :smiley:

Have a nice one too!

Hey Darien! Looks really interesting but its not adding any presets when i drop them into the container. I am using the 2020.44350 build of TD. Any ideas on why?

Best,
Sebi

Hello @Darien.Brito ,

thank you so much for this contribution and all the effort in explaining how it works with the detailed tutorials!

I am missing one piece of the puzzle after having played with the tool for some hours. I would like to recall individual scenes via a script, letā€™s say scene number 2 I try this:

op(ā€˜SceneLauncherā€™).Scene = 2

this does not recall the scene and I could not find a method to do such a thing.
I am probably missing something obviousā€¦

Thanks for your time!

Roberto

Hey @Darien.Brito

Thanks very much for this amazing tool. I am just getting started with it through the tutorials.

I am running into an issue, and I am hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Running the latest Official Build : 2021.15240
and just downloaded TDMorph.

As I drag and drop parameters from my test noise Top, they show up on TDMorph as ā€œNoneā€. I tried with various Parameters. only some will show up with correct names, such as ā€œoffsetā€ here in the screenshot I attach.

Thanks very much

Hi @SAHAR,

Yes, since TDMorph was launched, some things have stopped working properly due to the changes on new versions of TouchDesigner. I need to do a comprehensive update and publish a patch, but I have not had the time to do so yet. For your specific issue thereā€™s an easy fix you can do. See here:

Hope this helps!

Best,
Darien

Hi Roberto,

So sorry for this very very late response. This method will be included in the next update of TDMorph. Unfortunately, I have not had the time to make this yet. Hopefully I will in November,

All the best,
Darien

Hi Eusebi,

Oh boy, I really need to check my messages on the forum more often. Sorry for the extremely late response. Some things appear to have stopped working in the latest versions of TouchDesigner. I need to make a comprehensive update but have not had the time to do so. Hopefully will do in November.

All the best,
Darien

Thanks again for sharing this, Iā€™m gonna experiment with implementing it in a few of my projects and see what else comes up.

Hello @Darien.Brito :slight_smile:

Thanks again for this great tool you built. Iā€™ve been able to use it to some extent with previous TD versions.
As you might know, there have been some updates in the 2022 TD update regarding Listers, and that has resulted in TD morph breaking. Example: Presets can not be played after creation.

Any idea when is the next time you will be releasing an update? Or just getting around to fix the current bugs?

Thanks
:slight_smile:

TDMorph is a really helpful and inspiring tool. Just quoting another user in this discussion: ā€œthis would make an awesome new Comp in official TD releases :wink:ā€

1 Like

Dear all,

Just wanted to announce that an update aka TDMorph3 is to be expected in December 2022. I have been working on some nice enhancements and additions. The version will look pretty similar to TDMorph2, although internally there are some fundamental changes. Iā€™m trying to keep a detailed changelog. More info soon.

2 Likes

TDMorph3 - VERY EXCITING news!

1 Like

Just finished watching the tutorial videos and TDMorph is really great stuff! Thank you for this inspiring contribution to the community and all the hard work it must have been to put it together.

2 Likes

Hello ! Just looking at the TDMORPH . Totaly new to touchdesigner but interested to use it since the Bitwig announcement to ease the use of touchdesigner with it . I try to morph between parameters and TDMorph have everything i look for , snap/recall/morph between 2 sets of parameters . But i would need to control the morphing state manualy . with a knob that let me set the morphing state in real time . Does TDMORPH could do that ? or would it be possible to control the morphing state between 2 parameters with a knob (or slider) ? thanks ? That would let me morph between vst parameters in bitwig i suppose .

Edit : I found the ā€œblendingā€ option !
wow . cool
Now i need to be able to recal sets with midi , to be able to control ā€œblendingā€ with external controler with midi . then i will try to integer vst parameters with bitwig addon . i really donā€™t know where to begin
:rofl:

Hi there, all that is possible by communicating to TDMorph via code. You can read the methods in the classes. I tried to make it as intuitive as possible, but I donā€™t have yet update documentation for them in a central location. I will do that when TDMorph goes to official release.

To create MIDI mappings, you can check the MIDI tutorials. You can map pretty much everything with the autolearn functions :wink:

Please let me know if you have issues.

Thank you so mutch for your answer.
What you said ā€œall that is possible by communicating to TDMorph via code. You can read the methods in the classesā€
It is not natural for meā€‹:sweat_smile: . I am not a coder . I do music et itā€™s already a lot of work :joy: .
I will try to understand how to adress classes thrue Touchdesigner , i suppose that is thrue an element like a knob where we call for the numeric range a ā€œclassesā€ ?.?.? I donā€™t absolutly know not what i am saying.
where can i read the documentation of TDmorph ?
thanks ?
are there exemple that could help me ? you talked about the " MIDI tutorials" , i will try to find it.
Were should i begin for coding what i want to do ? regarding the fact that what you said is like an extraterrestrial language for me ? and regarding the fact that i would like to assign for exemple the blending to a midi controller ?
Thansk ! :grin:

To be clear about my goal, i already use for ableton, Clyphx Pro &macrobat, to create snapshots of paramaters and morph between them . Itā€™s a little of ā€œcodeā€ but nothing like ā€œcodingā€ :wink:
My goal is to reproduce this . creation of individuals snapshots for the totality of vst(i) parameters in bitwig , ability to recall them immediatly when needed (with an externat controller regarding CC midi message ) , ability to morph between 2(or more if possible) choosens snapshots with a slider . Ability to morph between the curent parameters and a snapshot regarding also the same slider.
I already do that with clyphx and Ableton but i would like to do that with Bitwig . Contrary to Ableton, Bitwig does not have a limit of parameters for each plugins . That is the main reason why i wanted to do that with Bitwig .

Now that i have the confirmation that everything i was looking for is possible , i will check that deeper !
Thanks !!

Hi there! Did you manage? My forum-reading habits are terrible, sorry for note getting back to you before!