Bluecadet is looking for a highly collaborative and innovative Tech Lead to join our team of experience designers and creative developers. This role is a blend of hands-on coding, technical strategy, and management. As a Tech Lead, you’ll use tools like touchscreens, projections, and sensors to build experiences that sit at the intersection of code and art, bringing our clients’ stories to life. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, a hunger to push technical boundaries, and an empathetic approach to leading their teammates.
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with cultural institutions, universities, and mission-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include MoMA, Harvard, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
This role is based in our Philadelphia office. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Tech Leads manage and implement multiple multi-product projects of varying complexity.
- You will manage a small group of Developers and Senior Developers. You will conduct regular 1:1s and coach your reports in their career growth.
- You will estimate, architect, and implement applications.
- You will stay up to date with recent technical developments, and identify promising solutions to use for implementing future projects.
- You help evaluate work against Bluecadet’s standards, prioritizing work to achieve project goals.
- Multiple years’ experience in the production of diverse experiential projects.
- Proficiency writing software for real-time graphics applications.
- Experience with specifying and integrating hardware. Experience working closely with A/V integrators on projects.
- Experience managing multiple developers on a project team.
- Experience with different types of inputs (touchscreens, camera vision, RFID, Bluetooth) and outputs (screen, projection).
- A track record of learning new technologies and applying them to large scale installations.
- Experience mentoring peers or direct reports in the past.
Nice to Haves
- Fluency in one or more of: C++ (using either Cinder or OpenFrameworks), Touch Designer, Unity, or similar realtime graphical application frameworks.
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Interested candidates should apply here: bluecadet.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=14