Text Space Explosion with Blend SOP - 2020-04-21 14:44

Text Space Explosion with Blend SOP

Link to main site

Im having an issue with this working correctly. When I type in a string, nothing happens.

@GRNCH Windows or macOS? Which build are you using? I’ll try to replicate your setup.

Latest Stable build on Windows 10

Ah, it took me a minute to figure out the interactions, but it works!
To make the text explode you must use left mouse button anywhere on the interface. Hold it down and you’ll see the text explode. The “Reverse” button only reverses the effect, I was pressing this at first expecting it to trigger the effect.

Hello @GRNCH

in order to make it explode you have to keep pressed the left click of the mouse and release it to make the Text explode.
if you click on the Reverse button you will remove the reverse animation.

I will soon refine the Asset adding instructions both in the UI and inside the network.
sorry for not having explained it in the first release!

@ben I don’t know how to substitute the String field when is empty.
When the String field is empty the file crashes. I will look for an easy solution myself, but if you have suggestion :slight_smile: I’m happy to learn more!

It shouldn’t crash like that no matter what you do, so I’ve logged this bug with the programmers and we’ll find out what’s going on!

Hello! I added a new Version TEXTEXPLOSION_BLENDSOP.30

it includes UI tips about how to use it.
Network includes some more explanation. I will keep updating the Asset with more informations.

@ben i thought I found the solution, but the bug still persist also with the Table format.

I still can’t find a workaround when the String field is empty.
Maybe @lucasm can solve the bug :smiley:
if ever you’ll read, inside the asset if the String field is empty the Text SOP get crazy and it crashes.

I’ll see if I can find a workaround, but I’m finding it difficult!
Thx!

I tried this as a very simple fix, it keeps the string from being blank, which maybe a good short term solution. A cleaner solution would be to switch the text sop for another very small sop like a square maybe when the text is blank or spaces only? either way, playing with fire cause of how easy it is to plug the wrong thing into the copy sop while developing ha.

@ben not sure if this is helpful but managed to simply the bugged part into a separate toe.

copySopBug.1.toe (29.9 KB)

1 Like

thank you @lucasm ! Asset updated *.32.toe
Now it doesn’t crash if the Field string is empty :slight_smile:
fiuff… Thank you so much

1 Like

TextExplosion_BlendSOP.36.toe (32.2 KB)

version.36
Added Feedback TOP
more TIPS inside the network
the possibility to edit few parameters from UI to see the effect on Feedback TOP

before exploring the Asset.

1 Like

i see no response when i add a string . VidMate app 9Apps

Hi @katesmith1304 !
did you try to click on the screen, keep pressed and then release the mouse button?
Your feedback would be precious, I’m trying to understand if it works fine for everyone.

Thank you!

Added a PLASMA version .TOE in good memories of the plasma gun in Duke Nukem 3D
TextExplosion_PLASMA.toe (31.4 KB)