Text string via OSC to Resolume

Hi

I’ve followed a couple of videos which makes it look really simple and although I think I’ve followed it correctly, I’m still not seeing the text change in Resolume. Incoming port and osc path are correct so there must be something I’m missing. Help please and thank you

def onTableChange(dat):
	oscstring = op(select1').cell(0,0)
	oscpath = '/composition/layers/3/clips/2/video/source/blocktextgenerator/text/params/lines'

op('oscout1').sendOSC(oscpath, [oscstring])
	return

Hey @NEICO

are you able to receive osc when using an OscIn DAT in another instance of TouchDesigner?

Cheers
Markus

Hi Markus

Yeah, OSCIN works fine

Hey @NEICO,

so now the question would be if the format is correct for Resolume. Not sure what they expect on their side?

Cheers
Markus

You should just be able to copy the osc input path from the text block in Resolume and paste as above but there’s something missing.

makes me wonder if perhaps resolume expects a float or int for a “lines” parameter and ignores the string it currently receives? You can try by

def onTableChange(dat):
	oscstring = op('select1').cell(0,0)
	oscNumber = int(oscstring)
	oscpath = '/composition/layers/3/clips/2/video/source/blocktextgenerator/text/params/lines'

op('oscout1').sendOSC(oscpath, [oscNumber])
	return

Can you get it to work for the text parameter at /composition/layers/3/clips/2/video/source/blocktextgenerator/text itself?

cheers
Markus

Thanks, I’ll give that a go tomorrow and let you know