Theatre in the Time of Isolation: Building a Remote Production Desk with TouchDesigner - 2021-06-08 21:54

Theatre in the Time of Isolation: Building a Remote Production Desk with TouchDesigner

Link to main site

Great article! A great solution to what I can believe some very tricky latency moments during production. Hats off to the director maintaining 2 realities. In 2020 NDI from a video calling system was only available to Skype for business. I noticed that maybe a change was implemented between the two systems diagrams. Utilising OBS ninja from Skype. The only problem with OBS ninja has to be set up on each of the client PCs. Am I correct in my assumption? Recent developments in Microsoft teams means that NDI sources can be separated for each actor but to the chagrin of many event techs, audio is lumped together in one stream.
Another question I have is, which part/step of the system added the most latency to the whole?

hi,

Speaking of OBS.Ninja (now renamed VDO.Ninja) there is no need for the client to setup his session. You just need to share a link with the client. You can customize the links (client side or viewer side) with arguments so it matches your needs and/or the way you need it to be set.

Here are details about arguments you can add to the links :