TOP collision or overlap detection alternatives

Hi,

I’m having trouble detecting collisions or rather overlaps between multiple large TOPs and looking for alternatives.

My technique so far has been to run the source images through a CompTOP with a multiply operation and then an AnalyzeTOP to see if there are any overlapping pixels. This works fine up to the point where I have to use a TopToCHOP in order to extract the collision information from the GPU world. With a relatively limited number of 1920x1080 textures this technique works ok but with several hundred 4-8k images this technique quickly becomes unusable.

I’ve looked into alternatives such as building a custom GLSL shader hoping there was an equivalent to the Uniform Arrays that would allow me to get information out of the GlslTOP and into the CHOP realm but there doesn’t seem to be anything but the TopToCHOP for this purpose.

Perhaps mapping my textures onto SOPs and detecting overlaps between objects but I assume these would have to have shapes matching the original TOPs’ alpha channel in order to reliably detect collisions. Not sure how to achieve that.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!