Transforming and Working with Point Clouds

Hi all,

So I’ve been working on @MarkusHeckmann wonderful Point Cloud tutorial and just realized I’d really like to understand more of what is going on in the third section of the tutorial. Overall, I believe that I understand what is going on, with the feedback loop moving the points around, using a constant TOP v. a noise TOP to change the values, but using the threshold to select out portions of the point cloud data is one of the spaces I get confused in. Why is it that only half the statue is effected, how can I select and control sections (say if I wanted to make a melting effect), etc. I think a lot of this has to do with texture math that I am not familiar with, but I could be mistaken. Anyways, here’s the file for what I’ve done, in case anyone wants to take a look.

Thank you!

meltingNapoleon.tox (3.0 KB)

you forgot to include the file “napoleon.exr” which is needed by this network - or you can lock the pointfilein1 node and resave the tox

Sorry about that, I couldn’t upload the .exr and thought I’d locked the node. Here’s the link