Transparency Issues on Export

Hi TDs,

I am having an issue exporting with alpha from the Movie File Out TOP. I have tried all codecs that support alpha, with Animation being the only one that slightly works. When I brought the file into AE, I get the outline of the matte with the type particles showing animation on the edges, but the type inside the matte itself has very low brightness and the feedback trails aren’t appearing. You can see from the pictures below how vastly different the output varies from the actual export.

The typographic particles are being rendered from a Geo COMP and are using CacheSelect TOP for the feedback trails.

This is my current export setup

This is what it looks like when I bring it into AE.

MC_Skull.7.toe (8.9 KB)
Project File

I have tried both exporting on Mac M1 and my PC with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Can yu please actiate the viewer, right click and select “normalized split” and post the screenshot.
You can also try already to use the mathCHOP and activate premultiplyRGB by alpha.

Here is is the normalized split view. I tried playing with MathCHOP but was unable to fix the issue.

Can you also post the front-view-of-a-fake-skull-2022-12-13-00-15-28-utc.jpg file?

Sure thing! Here it is… I did manage to workaround the transparency by keying out the black in AE but it is sub-par to original file and would be better if I could export it how I need to.

Here is the source file:

If you activate a viewer with the + icon on the bottom left, then press ‘A’, you can see you have no alpha channel, this is why it looks incorrect. Alpha should always be > than the RGB values. You’ll need to decide how you want the alpha generated for your setup. It looks like the multiple operation inside of your bloom COMP is what is destroying your alpha channel.