Triggering visuals via TDAbleton, but the order keeps randomizing?

Hello,

I am using TDAbleton to trigger visuals within a TD project from midi notes in Ableton Live 11. Everything is working smoothly, but whenever I close and reopen my project, my visuals are triggered in a different order. All of the midi data is the same, so I’m thinking this may have something to do with the order of my Switch TOP, however, I am not sure how they could randomize like that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Happy to take a look at your network if you post it or email it to ivan@derivative.ca.

A Live set with at least the MIDI track you’re using would probably help too.

Hey Ivan,

Sorry for the late reply, just now seeing this. Will be sending you an email with the TD file and Live set in the next few minutes. Thanks for offering your help!

I checked this out. Not everything worked but I think enough did that I can offer some help. Not sure what exactly you’re trying to do, but the string of abletonMIDI->select->math->logic->fan seems very suspect.

If you are trying to just trigger visuals based on the last midi note that got pressed in the Visual Toggle track, consider using the last_note channel in the abletonMIDI component. If I’m not understanding what you’re trying to do, can you explain?