UDP In/Out Module

Hi all,

I’m trying to custom udp module to send commands to a device and receive status parameters from the device over Ethernet. Up until now, the sending worked fine, but I cannot get the receiving to work. I created a simple Python script on a seperate pc that sniffs the incoming UDP traffic and sends UDP packets back based on the packets the test script receives.
I can sniff the packets in both directions using Wireshark and this all looks perfectly fine. Should something extra be configured to get the receiving part to work?

When trying out a few things to get it to work, I noticed that when I set the Local Address of the udpout dat to the IP-address of my Ethernet adapter, the commands aren’t being send over the network anymore. However, when I leave the Local Address empty, the packets are being sent over the Ethernet adapter (same one as I wanted to select). Is this a bug or am I looking over something?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
(Since I’m a new user, I cannot post a link to the project here)

I just tried UDP In and Out DATs between two different computers running TD 2022.28040 and they were both able to send and receive fine with their own IP addresses in the Local Address parameter and eachother’s in the Network Address parameter.

I would say it is not a bug in TD, so probably a network / config issue somewhere on your end. Check the usual suspects like firewall, IP address mismatches - sometimes the IP can be different between the new Windows 10/11 “Settings” app, the old school Network Adapters Control Panel, and even the IP displayed in cmd>ipconfig/all so check them all.

Also make sure ports are open and not overlapping. Is the sending and receiving happening on the same UDP port? Have you tried changing the local port parameters? Can you get the other device to send or receive on a different port?

Thanks for your response! I was sending and receiving both on port 6001 and allowed communication on this port in the firewall. All other network setting were correct. I changed the sending and receiving port to 10001 and this works. With this port, also the sending works when I enter my IP-address in the Local Address parameter. If I change it back to port 6001, I don’t receive anything back and cannot send anything from the moment I enter the IP in the Local Address parameter.