UE4 TouchEngine Build/Cook Error

Having fun with the UE4 TouchEngine plugin and have been able to run some nice things in the editor, so wanted to test a build.

When I do so I get through the build process sucessfully, but during the cook process get this error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: TouchEngine: Error: TouchEngine error - loadTox(): Unsupported RHI active:

followed by these warnings:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogPluginManager: Warning: Engine version string in D:/_projects/TouchEngine-UE4-Samples/Plugins/TouchEngine-UE4/TouchEngine.uplugin could not be parsed ("4.27")
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::VectorProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::ColorProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::IntPointProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::IntVectorProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogAutomationTest: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::VectorProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogAutomationTest: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::ColorProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogAutomationTest: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::IntPointProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogAutomationTest: Warning: StructProperty FTouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct::IntVectorProperty is not initialized properly even though its struct probably has a custom default constructor. Module:TouchEngine File:Public/TouchEngineDynamicVariableStruct.h
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [AssetLog] D:\_projects\TouchEngine-UE4-Samples\Content\TouchEngineSample\Blueprints\BP_TE_UESample06_PulseGenerateRandomPositions.uasset: [Compiler] Input pin  Multiplier  specifying non-default value no longer exists on node  Set Satelite Locations . Please refresh node or 
reset pin to default value to remove pin.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [AssetLog] D:\_projects\TouchEngine-UE4-Samples\Content\TouchEngineSample\Blueprints\BP_TE_UESample07_PulseGenerateRandomPath.uasset: [Compiler] Input pin  Multiplier  specifying non-default value no longer exists on node  Set Satelite Locations . Please refresh node or reset
 pin to default value to remove pin.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogPhysics: Warning: Scale for /Game/FirstPersonCPP/Maps/TouchEngineUE4Samp.TouchEngineUE4Samp:PersistentLevel.BP_TE_UESample02_SimpleTexture_RGBOut.StaticMesh has a component set to zero, which will result in a bad body instance. Scale:X=0.000 Y=0.000 Z=0.000
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogPhysics: Warning: Initialising Body : Scale3D is (nearly) zero: Component: '/Game/FirstPersonCPP/Maps/TouchEngineUE4Samp.TouchEngineUE4Samp:PersistentLevel.BP_TE_UESample02_SimpleTexture_RGBOut.StaticMesh'

Anyone else encountered this?

UE Version: 4.27.2
Plugin Version: 0.9.4
TD Version: 2021.16410
VS: 2020 (rebuilt project with no issue as per github docs)

PS: As a side note, I did check out This older topic and tried it with packaging settings including the editor, but it had no effect.

Hey @thegladscientist

When you mean a build, you mean a full production build as an app of your Unreal project ?

Best,
Michel

Hi @JetXS thanks for the response, and your contributions to this plugin! Yes, a packaged build (.exe). Is that possible using the plugin?

Hey,

The last time I checked it was working yes.

Looking more closely at your issue - are you trying to run a project in DX11, DX12 or Vulkan ?

Best,
Michel

Hmm, good question. I’m actually not sure what it defaults to in the packaging settings in Unreal. I was was trying it straight out of the box with the examples included and default packaging settings in Unreal. Which is the preferred choice for running a project with TDEngine plugin?

At the moment the Plugin, in its current state w/ UE4.27.2 + TD 2021.16410 is only compatible with DX11.

I’m not 100% sure on how to change those and why it would affect the sample project in your install (I didn’t see this error message before, as far as I remember) but maybe this can help ?

Also impotent thing whatever you do, in order for RHI code modules to be included in your package game and even have a option to run game on specific one you need to mark them as targeted RHIs. To do so go to Project Settings-> Platfrom->Windows and there you will have a list of avable RHI which you want to be packaged with the game.

Also note that command line options work in editor too, you can start up editor in any RHI avable for Windows

From: How to toggle between DX10, DX11, DX12 and Vulkan via Blueprint? - #2 by Shadowriver - Rendering - Unreal Engine Forums