UI dialog boxes are not being displayed

I’m using Touch099 build 2020.22080 on Windows 10. on first installation touchdesigner showed operator dialog box correctly. it shows the background like in the image attached. same follows for dialog box for performance monitor, exit menu.

Hi @Asterast,

can you tell us a bit about your machine: Is it a laptop, what kind of video card are you using and are all the drivers up to date?

There is another post reporting the same issue (Opening OP Create dialog - #15 by Sararahmani) and a temporary workaround was to install a previous release of TouchDesigner which you can download from our archive here: Releases | Derivative

cheers
Markus

Hello I have Asus Laptop with AMD A8 cpu with
radeon 7640G 2GB of graphics. I had same the issue on win 8.1 pro so I ran 2019.19930 build previously flawlessly but I was missing out the new features. So I tried running newest build on clean windows 10 install. Removed all of the bloatware. Still no luck with newest build and now I can’t even run 2019.19930 build which I ran on win 8.1 pro. :((
Builds I have tried 2020.22080,2020.20625,2019.20140 and 2019.19930

@Asterast This is happening to someone else’s AMD card as well. So we can dig in deeper, can you please tell us the AMD graphics driver version you have currently installed?

Hi
I’m using AMD catalyst 15.7.1 drivers
(Also I resetted windows entirely and now 2019.19930 is working fine for me but not newer)

That could be the problem then, those drivers 15.7.1 are from 2015 and very, very old.

On the driver page at AMD.com here you’ll find the latest for your GPU are 20.4.2 for Windows 10 64-bit. We recommend installing these first to see how they run, hopefully it helps but either way you should not run the 2015 drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-desktops/a8-7600-radeon-r7-series

Hi @ben I tried updating to latest driver. Still won’t work. Even with newest version of TD. I experimented with another laptop, the specs are as follows
Dell Inspiron 5559
Intel i7 6500U
AMD R5 M335 4GB GPU
8gigs of ram
And yes updated to latest drivers.
The problem still persists on another device of AMD GPU.
Sorry for getting back to you so late. Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately we don’t have any obvious solution, we don’t have this AMD GPU to reproduce the issue right now. We’ll keep trying until we can reproduce, once we can see it we can fix it.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hi @Asterast, we were never able to reproduce this issue to try and fix it, but I thought you should try this. Our new Experimental Builds no longer use OpenGL, TouchDesigner’s engine now runs a new graphics API called Vulkan.
Since the engine engine has changed, I thought you might want to try one of these builds and see if they work for you now. You can download the experimental builds here: Experimental 2022.20150 | Derivative