UI on right screen and project on left screen

Hi,

Based on a tutorial made by @raganmd I made a simple UI that shows on my right screen and a project that shows on my left screen. The uploaded project is a simplification of the project I made.

Now I want the project to show on my left screen AND on my rightscreen together with the UI. I spend quite some time to achieve this but without success. Could someone help me?

Another problem that I cannot solve is the fact that my right screen is very messy. I tried to make a view where the UI is on the left and next to it a Grid and next to that the Banana.

I know that is has to do with resolutions, but it cost me several hours to find it out also without success.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marcel

UI on right and visual on leftscreen.3.toe (2.4 MB)

Hi @Beamblender -

Setting up your outputs is tricker than it seems.

The easiest approach I’ve found is to think of container as relating to a single screen, and then another container that will act as the layout of your multiple screen.

Some of how you approach this also relates to how your outputs are set up.

On containers the important parameters to use for ordering your layouts are the Children Align pars:

And the align order par:

These together let you control how child ops line up - left to right, and their order.

It’s also important to consider what you want a container to display. A container will display both it’s chidden panel COMPs, and it’s background TOP. For example, your Grid comp is showing both the stoner COMP and the background TOP:

If you where to remove the background TOP par, you’ll only see stoner as a result:

Your COMPs will not crop their children by default, which is why your seeing all of stoner even though your container is smaller. Stoner is 1200 x 900, and your parent container that’s 400 x 300 shows a cropped view, but won’t crop the output unless you use the crop par:

There’s a few changes to your file here - take a look and see if that helps you keep moving:
UI on right and visual on leftscreen.toe (2.4 MB)

Hi Matthew (@raganmd ),
Thanks a lot. This helps. Now I can go further to achieve my goal to have a laser interact with a visual and with the help of a decent UI.
Best regards,
Marcel