Using CHOPS to animate HSV Adjust hue offset

I’m trying to animate the hue offset adjust to change the color of a gradient based on BPM. So for example it’ll add +1 to the hue number every 4 beats, and after a chosen number it repeats the cycle. How can I make this? I tried used some CHOPS but when I assign them to the hue offset it doesn’t work

Also can somebody explain me why a CHOP can control the Ramp TOP Phase but can’t control the HSV ADJUST.

Thanks

1 Like

hi murilogdonin,

Do you have some sample code that you’re working with that you can share? It’s often easier to help with a simple example as a starting place.

Actually I didn’t know I would have to use code in this case. I’m totally new to Python, but I know a little (very little of C). In this case I think I’ll need CHOP execute DAT (I still don’t know how to make the BEAT CHOP trigger something, only the LFO), and the code I’ll define a constant and make it run a for loop, every 4 beats.

Ragan meant can you post the network what you have made so far - makes it easier to work together on it.

Here it’s

yeah - for future reference, an actual .tox/.toe file is much easier to work with than a screenshot

Here’s an example of every bar (so every 4th beat) changing the color of the HSV Adjust TOP
In 10 bars it goes through a hue offset of 0-360, and then starts over again.

Let me know if you have any questions in understanding this example!
beat_hsvadjust.tox (934 Bytes)

Thank you so much, exactly what I needed. My idea was very close, it was missing the Logic CHOP. One more question, it may sound stupid but why in this case I need to write op(‘nullx’)[bar] but in others only dragging the OP works?

Actually you can always both drag or type.
If you read this tutorial on Referencing in TouchDesigner part I you’ll understand a bit more on how to make these references between nodes.