Using multiple lights with quad reprojection palette

Hello.

I am seeking for help in using the “quad reprojection” palette.

What I’m trying to do is simply render a scene with multiple lights.

The Lights parameter works fine when I reference a specific light, such as “light1”.
However it stops working when I use pattern matching, something like “light*”.
I’m getting an error message that says, “Invalid path for the node “light*” referenced by parameter “Lights””

Can anyone please tell me what I’m actually doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

QuadReproject.toe (6.4 KB)

I think this might actually be an issue with the custom parameter for components - it doesn’t look like pattern matching is actually being correctly evaluated here inside the component. The same issue can occur with multiple pieces of geometry referenced with pattern matching. This might be worth flagging as a bug.

You can work around this, but you’ll need to edit the internals of this component to get working results.

Thanks for the kind reply Matthew!

As a temporal fix for now, I just manually changed the path for the lights of the Render TOP inside the masterRender1 BASE and it worked.

Thanks again for the advice.

That’s also what I did - another approach here is to change the custom parameter type, and then use a different expression to pattern match for the results you’re after. That might be a little more work than you actually need / want to do though :slight_smile: