SOLVED: Video Device In > Logitech C922 Camera jumps on program focus change

I’m using a Logitech C922 via Video Device In TOP, using DirectShow. I’ve just noticed that when switching focus between TD and any other app (either to or from TD), the Video Device In TOP zooms in momentarily. Here’s me clicking between TD and other apps on my desktop to change focus:

TouchDesigner_JeWilop0Ie

Happens in perform mode as well.

I know there’s an overhaul of Video Device In top in an upcoming release, but I figured I’d file this just in case.

Win 10, 2022.28040

This is also happening with Nvidia Broadcast (ie. routing camera thru Nvidia Broadcast, and selecting Nvidia Broadcast as the camera in Video Device In TOP)

EDIT: Also happening when using C922 camera via Media Foundation Library par.

Issue not happening when using NDI virtual camera.

And also, it only happens when switching focus between TD and another app (both to and away), but not when switching focus between two non-TD apps.

That’s odd, I have the same camera and do not see this behavior. Note I do not install any logitech drivers, I just plug n play this guy on all my machines.

Are you going between any specific apps? I tried Zoom, Explorer, Chome etc.
Perhaps you have changed some parameters on Video Device In, I am using a untouched one to test. If so, please share the .toe file and I can check.

1 Like

Thank you Ben, this put me in the right direction.

In my Logitech G Hub software, I have a profile switcher that remaps two mouse buttons when it detects TD is running. It is this app detection that makes the camera jump, so it is not a TD bug at all! Seems so obvious in retrospect, so apologies.

1 Like

Ah that’s great feedback, I’m sure other will come across it, thanks!