macOS: Video Device In(Webcam doesn't work)

Hi, any update on this issue?

I’m seeing the same issue on a late 2018 mac mini.
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.28.28 PM

However, it is working on my late 2013 macbook pro (Intel Iris 1536MB) - the forum won’t let me post more than one screenshot, but I guess it’s not necessary for the one that works :slight_smile:
Thanks for all your work!

EDIT: When it fails it always works if I start the timeline and then enable the camera.

Same issue here on my early 2013 MacBookPro BUT I simply shut down all apps & restarted TD and it works. I wonder if something else had a lock on the camera.? Here’s my specs, CPU & GPU as it real-time composites the built-in camera w/noise & an image:

1 Like

Same issue with mine, 2019 13’’ MacBook Pro. I usually restart the application or my machine and the issue resolves itself, but sometimes it doesn’t :frowning: Any update on this?

Same issue with mine too, it start with black screen while all settings are just the same with moderator above.

Same Problem here.
Have you any experiences with an update to 11.2.3 Big Sure?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-25 um 10.27.18
i have the same problem…

Did you guys try restarting your computer and running TD before any other program? Seems from some reports macOS ha grabbing the camera for another application and then not passing it over to TouchDesigner when requested.
Would be good to now if this helps in your case or not.

I got the same problem,but I uncheck all the other camera privacy except TD then mine is work.

Thanks for that tip @bonito6270

I have many other apps with camera access and the Video Dev In TOP works fine every time.

I’ve tried all the suggestions as well, but nothing works :frowning: big bummer!

That sometimes works for me too :Disable the TOP, Stop the timeline. Start the timeline. Enable TOP.

1 Like

Well I decided to give this another go. I turned timelines off and on, disable/enable TOPs, flipped through different libraries, hopped on one foot and I got it to come on! Your mileage may vary.

After doing many more tests, I feel for my setup, switching different libraries back and forth got it to come on more consistently and all I really needed to do. On average it would take anywhere from 1 to 5 switches back and forth. YAY!