Video into grid

Hello fellow TDians,

I’m new to TD. I would like to produce similar stuff in touch designer as it is shown in this video ‎ع‎ on Instagram: "Titled . . . #videoart #swirls #glitch #interruption #circlesinsquares #newmedia #newmediaart #newmediaartist #contemporaryart #universe #galaxies"

It is one video divided into grid and it rotate in circle triggered by audio. Do you think it can be possible in TD?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,
I guess there are many ways to achieve this effect. However the most straight forwards might be just with the use of Layout TOP :slightly_smiling_face: Even though this wouldn’t automatically divide and rotate your video, you can prepare the Layout TOP inputs in the way you need, and let it just composite them in a grid. Replicator COMP could greatly help you with setting up such inputs.

(following image shows just a concept of Layout TOP)

1 Like

I have stumbled upon component made by @DavidBraun that could help you get the desired effect with much easier and cleaner setup. Check you his github repo for more info - (GLSL_Cell_Rotate.tox)

1 Like

Thanks Monty, I will take a look. One noob question. How o I use this .tox file?

drag&drop the tox file into your TouchDesigner window, and connect a movie to its input.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try it tonight.

But this is static image, how i can make it animated as shown in the video in the very first post in this thread.