VoiceMeeter ASIO Crashes TD

TD: 2021.16410
OS Windows 10
VoiceMeeter Potato: 3.0.2.2
OP: Audio Device In
Driver: ASIO
Device: VoiceMeeter *

Issue: When attempting to set the Drive and Device of the OP, TD hard crashes and does not generate an error log or dump. VoiceMeeter ASIO works perfectly with other programs, but always hard crashes TD.
Screenshot_29

Hey @LightTribe

Tricky to reproduce.

I spent some time trying but no success so far.

That being said, Iā€™m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to ASIO.

I have Voicemeeter installed and setup for my specific needs.

When I go in TD and drop an audio device in, set the Driver to ASIO and Device to one of the Voicemeeter ASIO device, no crash is occurring. All it does is cut the sound. Iā€™m guessing I am missing a few settings to get things to work.

If you are able to reliably reproduce your crash, what you can do is produce a .dmp file following the process described here: Using WinDbg to Debug Crashes - Derivative

Section ā€œDebugging Crashes That Donā€™t Produce .dmp filesā€.

You can .zip the .dmp file and forward it to use by email using wetransfer or dropbox or another service.

Best,
Michel

Extra Info:

Sample Rate: 24/192 (all devices/applications)

Audio Source: Web Browser

Windows Default Sound Device: VoiceMeeter Virtual Input 1
VoiceMeeter Virtual Input 1 Routing: A1
VoiceMeeter Output A1: Focusrite USB ASIO (to speakers)

Note: This happens on my file and new files.

Log/Dump: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ij2dMkgX58aWVcUH0sg_4gAxS2fC_wr9?usp=sharing

Overview: I use VoiceMeeter as a software mixer to ingest audio from several sources. VoiceMeeter routes audio to my speakers and provides ASIO loopback for TD and Resolume. Resolume does not have any problems working with the VoiceMeeter ASIO loopbacks. TD hard crashes everytime the VoiceMeeter ASIO device is selected. TD does not crash when selecting a non-ASIO device. This issue appears to be independent of sample rate and other configurations.

EDIT: Issue not present when VoiceMeeter uses a Preferred Main Sample Rate of 48000. Crashes when 192000 is used. Could it be something to do with TDs handling of the sample rate?

Hereā€™s a screenshot of of my setup:

What happens if you change the ā€˜Rateā€™ parameter in the CHOP to 192000 before you select the device?

Same behavior. None of the TD parameters seem to affect the behavior.

Note: I am using 24/48000 sample rate as a workaround, but would love to get this working properly.

Any luck with the dump file? The logs show TD has an access violation when loading the the VM ASIO driver. This happens whenever the VM internal sample rate is greater than 96000.

What sample rate are you using?
It may be capped at 96Khz in the current build.
Weā€™ll look into expanding that.

In the meantime 2022.24040 and later will now support up to 192KHz, before attempting to down sample the data.

1 Like

@LightTribe

We have a new build coming out soon. If you are able to confirm that it does indeed solve your issue, thatā€™d be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michel

Definitly!

Hey @LightTribe

Wondering if you were able to confirm that the fix solved your issue in 2022.24200 ?

Thanks,
Michel