Vulkan Device Error With Any Simple Work

Build: Touchdesigner 2022.28040

Operating System: Windows 11

Laptop Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Ram: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti

This error occurs when I add/delete anything to the project including when I load in a 2021 build and try modifying it in this newest version. This crash occured when I started messing with a fit top after a circle top. I also tested using an lfo to change the circle’s Radius x and y as well as its Translate X and Y to which the error occured when referencing the Translate Y.

I have the 2021.16410 build also installed on this machine and have had no crashes running it, including while doing heavy work on it such as Nvidia Flex Solvers and Kinect work. This makes me believe it is something with my system and the new Vulkan addition.

Thank you for any aid and let me know if you need any more information!

Sorry you are having this issue. Can you tell me what GPU driver version you are using?

Driver Version: 516.94
Driver Type: DCH

Can you try rolling back to the 512.xx series of drivers to see if that helps?

I am unable to rollback the driver from the Device Manager. I did read that I can uninstall my current drive and install the older driver however I am not comfortable with doing that as I am in need of this device heavily right now and do not want to cause issues to it accidentally.

Are there any other actions I can take to help figure this out?

Uninstalling and then installing the older driver the correct workflow. Currently this is the only potential solution I can offer, sorry.
Are the crashes you are getting when doing drag/drop operations, or operations involving popup windows? Or are they occurring in other cases?

So far the two cases where it has crashed involved drag/drop operations and when changing parameter values such as in the fit top. I was able to create Comments and Headers as well as move already made nodes in a file I opened without any crashing.

Likely this will be fixed by moving back to the 512.xx series drivers then.

Understood! Ill look more into getting that done then. Thank you for the aid!

Hey i had the same issue and rolling back my driver worked great ! thanks