Waveshaping

Dear all,

I’ve have a series of interpolated values using a table ->a DATtoChop module->resample->lag network. I was wondering if there’s any way to use the resulting waveform as a wavetable? Is there any module that can act as an oscillator to check the wavetable?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Assuming you want to make sound with it, could you use an audio oscillator at the index input of a Lookup CHOP and the table to the table input? If you want to read just a select part of the wavetable, a trim CHOP could select out the part you want.

I have used this to make sounds from images. if the wave is a row of pixels,then you can use TOPs to transform the wave in interesting ways (blur and noise, for example).

Rod.

Hi Rod,

Thanks a lot! Indeed, this is what I was looking for

All the best,
Darien

Here’s a thing I did a while back for a gig using Scandinavian knitwear patterns as fodder for sound generation. Note the math CHOP to average the audio signals so they don’t all add up and overload things (thanks to Felix for pointing that out).

the control panel was made for a korg microkontrol fader board. The only controls that work are the leftmost few knobs and the rightmost few sliders.

rod.
Rod_fairisle_perf_test_Felix.25.toe (6.46 MB)

1 Like

Hey Rod,

Very cool, Thanks a lot for sharing! I’ll study your network in detail today and see if I can come up with some nice waveshaping. I’m now doing some experiments with arrays of envelopes in SuperCollider and wanted to re-produce them in Touch Designer, let’s see what happens :slight_smile:

All the best,
Darien