Web Server DAT - Browser stuck

I’m having some problems with the web server DAT that seem to be related to the html. For example, whenever I try using the tag it will connect but get stuck loading and never load the page until I restart TD (restarting the server in the parameters alone doesn’t work, nor does changing the port). It’s shown the same behavior in some seemingly random situations, but I’m lost on how to further troubleshoot the issue. Any ideas?

Also when trying to close TouchDesigner it will freeze and stop responding, usually requiring a force quit.

How frequently does this occur? Does it only happen when you have the tag? Could you attach your toe file?

Also, I recently fixed a bug with TD hanging for ~20 seconds when closing after using the Web Server DAT. Sounds the same bug as you’ve described here. That fix will be in the next experimental release.

Have the same Issue but without the part (I sent my files to Markus, i think you maybe had a look already regarding the byteData Issue). Sometimes a restart also wont help, but a change in ports.

I’ve attached my project file. Upon opening TD and starting the server I was able to easily navigate to localhost:9990, but then I tried changing the color of the background (line 8), and now it’s stuck reloading the page.

I also realized I hadn’t updated, but after installing experimental 30790 it’s still happening.
MacOS Mojave 10.14.5, using Safari

Thanks!
TouchHTML.13.toe (4.49 KB)

Thanks for the example – I was able to reproduce easily with it. This will be fixed in the next experimental release, 2019.31360+.

Sounds awsome, any idea when you will release the next experimental so i can test if the issue for me is also solved?

We’re aiming to release one next week.

I’m having this issue also. 20202.20625

can’t get the onHTTPRequest to do anything, however the browser window “loads” forever until the web server dat is turned off.

is this still an issue?

1 Like

I seem to be experiencing the same behavior as harvey in 2020.20020

Do you experience this with the default Web Server DAT? Is it browser specific or do you also get the same issue with something like the Web Client DAT?

When I place down a WebServerDAT, make it active, and then go to http://localhost:9980 in my browser the browser sits there waiting for a response and will continue to wait until the WebServerDAT is switched to not active, restarted, or deleted at which point the browser will show no response.

I have added print statments to onServerStart, onServerStop, and onHTTPRequest callbacks. The start and stop callback seem to be called but the onHTTPRequest never prints.

I verified with TCPView that nothing else was using the port. I did notice Touch was holding onto the port long after the DAT as made inactive and even deleted but I’m not sure if that’s normal or not.

My overall goal was to use the WebServerDAT to facilitate communication with a WebRender TOP

Update: I am also seeing this behavior in 2020.23680

It’s probably your firewall blocking the connections. Check that your inbound rules are configured to allow for TCP connections to TouchDesigner.

I had tested with firewall disabled but I’m starting to think the firewall may be more persistent than expected or some other anit-virus type software may be the issue. My coworker was able to verify that things were working his machine so it’s probably a issue with my machine.

So McAfee Real-TIme Scanning (not the firewall) was blocking the transaction. Strangely connections were made but no actual communication happened.

1 Like

An additional update: Windows Defender Real-time protection also seemed to be blocking access to the WebServerDAT. Very strange.