WebSocket is already in CLOSING or CLOSED state

Any websocket experts? Followed this excellent tutorial on setting up TD remotely. https://interactiveimmersive.io/blog/controlling-td/control-your-touchdesigner-installation-remotely/

It works for me 10% of the time. The other 90% get ’ WebSocket is already in CLOSING or CLOSED state.’ error message.
Also what is the advantage of using WebSocket over OSC in?

@art3mis - I haven’t gone through that tutorial yet, so I can’t speak to what’s happening there. I’ll try to give that a push later.

However - why websockets over OSC is a great question. OSC makes great sense in circumstances where you control the whole network infrastructure. However, in many situations you’ll likely want folks to be able to interact with their personal devices (on or off your network), or to be able to interact with your piece from some other place. WebSockets can help a lot here. Another piece to consider is that on public networks UDP traffic (like what’s used by OSC) is often blocked - network admins don’t usually like allow that kind of traffic since it can cause bottle necks and slow downs. WebSockets again offer another way to create interactions that are brokered by a server rather than by a direct connection.

1 Like

Thanks Matthew. Please keep me posted if you encounter the same issue.