RESOLVED: Weird bug with .fbx

Ok so I get this weird bug when Im working with .fbx

I have made an .fbx file with texture from blender. When I import it on a touchdesigner project it runs smooth with no problems.

But as soon as I save and close the project then reopen it the .fbx get completely destroyed.

A quick search indicates me that TD can be a bit quirky with .fbx. Do you have any solution or idea ? Could it possibly be the textures ? or some parameters on the FBX comp ? or in the blender export ?

Running on win 64 with the 2021.16410 version. Maybe an update would fix this idk.

.fbx animation attached in .zip

sniper mp7 v2.zip (830.8 KB)

Any help appreciated ! Thanks

Thanks for the report - I can reproduce the issue and will take a look into it. The issue seems to arise when the cache file (.tdc of same FBX name in TDImportCache) is not present, so in the meantime as a workaround you should be able re-import and keep that cache file in the TDImportCache directory next to your toe.

Thanks for the reply!

I tested and indeed when a .tdc is in the TDImportCache it seems to work. Will report if another problem is encountered.

:+1:

FYI the bug when the cache is not present will be fixed in the next official build we release, 2022.30100+

1 Like