What Camera for Livestreaming

I’m new to TouchDesigner and I want to use it as part of a live editing/vj stream setup. I found a lot of great beginner resources but I haven’t found a breakdown of compatible cameras or what types of cameras will have limitations with the software and certain ops or visual effects within the software.

Is there a breakdown or summary of what cameras or tech like realsense or kinect can take full advantage of touchdesigner? What limitations would a budget webcam like the Logitech C922 Pro have?

Jup, there is :slight_smile:

In case you’d like to use a mirrorless or DSLR, I can vouch for the Elgato CamLink 4K HDMI to USB dongle having zero issues going into TouchDesigner directly.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies

I have an MSi GL62M 7RD that has an Intel Core i5 7th Gen, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, and 8g ram. I ordered the logitech c922 pro and I have an iPhone 5c that I can try to use as a camera and I’m going to build my setup through trial and error knowing I’ll buy more cameras and maybe another pc.

I went through the Video Device in TOP link and looked at the forum some and the two most affordable cameras I found that could be compatible and take full advantage of TouchDesigner are:

different versions of the Firefly S

OpenCV AI Kit: OAK—D-PoE

I also plan to use Chataigne and Magic Music Visuals. I’m looking for the best budget camera or setup for a livestream but I realize that question becomes more complicated based on the other hardware you’re using and what you’re trying to do