Workaround GLSL osx

Hi im trying to use touchdesigner on my macos but i find out osx doesnt support GLSL i would like to know if there is a workaround where i can use other operator to do the same, im looking to use combined with pre recorded dance movements.

thank you in advance

Be more specific on your request. OSX support GLSL, it only doesnt support the last versions. Most of it works on macOs.
Which version of macOs? Which graphic card? Which graphic driver? Which TD version?
And mainly, what do you want to obtain, between dance and GLSL?
What is “the same”?

Thanks for the response Jacqueshoepffner, i was trying to go along with an youtube tutorial that uses particlesGPU and i notice that didnt worked, looking futher i see info that GLSL computer shader do not work on macosx since it was just released in the version 4.3 and mac support only until 4.1 its that right?

My setup its really old i have an

Macbookpro mid 2012 running on Catalina with the latest touchdesigner non comercial version
graphic cards NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB , Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

im looking to record a dance video and make effects using the movements

thank you!

Hello,
Yes thats one the limitations with macOs. Many tutorials for GPU particles use Compute Shader who needs Glsl 4.3.
Unfortunately there is the case for all the mac. You have some solutions:
– Reproduce the compute shader with a pixel shader (not so easy)
– install Windows with bootCamp on your Mac
– search another tutorial not needing glsl 4.3, there is some
In my case, after 30 years exclusively on mac, I bought a PC…

Thanks for the solutions!! fortunately i already have bootcamp i will give a try.

Thanks again Jacqueshoepffner